Friday, February 6, 2009

Milkrun by Sarah Mlynowski

I LOVED this book! I have already ordered Sarah Mlynowski’s other book Fishbowl because this one was just THAT good. This was so appropriate for me to read at this time because it is all about a girl whose boyfriend goes to Thailand to “find himself” and then pretty much breaks up with her through an email. This girl is resilient though and is now on a mission to become “Crazy Dating Girl”. (I’m feeling like Crazy Dating Girl in my life right now!) The story follows her along her adventures.

I loved her writing. I felt like I was having a chat with my best friend every night; or like she had emptied my thoughts out of my head right on to the page. She really writes just like your thoughts might flow though your head…well at least how they flow through my head! It was such a quick, easy, fun read!

I also loved how it wasn’t like a fairytale romance or ending. The guys portrayed in the book are exactly like the guys you would meet in the real world. About half way through, you kind of think you can see the ending coming, but it doesn’t end quite like you expect which was nice too. In fact, I didn’t want it to end. That is how you know a book is good!

If you are looking for something with deep meaning and eloquent writing, this isn’t the book for you. But if you are looking for a fun, entertaining story about dating and life in your 20’s then this is a great pick!

I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars!

You can check out the author’s website here.

She is doing a lot of teen novels now, but she also has a lot of chic lit books out! I’ll let you know how the next one I read turns out, but she is already one of my favs now!

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites