Monday, March 23, 2009

Autobiography of a Fat Bride by Laurie Notaro

Last year I read Laurie Notaro's The Idiot Girls Action Adventure Club and it was one of the funniest things I have ever read. I was super-excited to start this new installment in her series.

I was expecting all these tales of getting engaged and the neuroses that usually take over for brides-to-be. But this wasn't exactly that. It is more of a collection of short stories about meeting and the first few years with her husband. They are really random. But they are really funny. Not as funny as the first book, but still more funny than most.

This is also the type of book you can pick up and put down easily. Each chapter is a new story, so there is no suspense building or anything.

Overall I wasn't in love with it and give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites