Saturday, July 25, 2009

Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos

When I first started reading Love Walked In, I didn't like it too much. I couldn't get in to the characters, parts of it were too wordy with nothing really happening, and she was constantly referring to movies I had never heard of or seen to create analogies to her life. But by the fourth or fifth chapter I was in to it.

Basically once the two narrators paths meet, things start to get good. The first narrator is Cornelia, a twenty or thirty something coffee shop barista that falls for Martin Grace. The second narrator is Claire a 9 year old girl whose mother is seemingly loosing her mind, while Claire tries to keep it a secret from everyone.

I don't want to give away any of the plot line, but this book is about love. Maybe not in the way you first might think it will be, but in a much better and more realistic way. I really like the main characters and liked that I didn't always see what was coming next. I still hated her references to movies that I didn't know, but that was easy to overlook. In the end they all get an unexpected happy ending that they weren't even looking for.

I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites