Friday, June 17, 2011

A Slaying in the Suburbs


This was my first true crime book! When I became so obsessed with that Brad Cooper trial I thought hmmm maybe I should read a true crime book because all I could think about during the trial is how awesome a book would be based on that story. I picked this one because it had good reviews and an interesting plot.

Tara Grant was a successful woman earning a six figure salary and getting to travel the world. Until the day she came home from a business trip and her husband killed her and cut up her body.

There were a lot of similarities to the Brad Cooper case. A wealthy family with two kids. An affair- only this one was with the nanny. Tara started out as a missing person case. She was strangled to death. Her sister got custody of the kids and hated the husband. The prosecution even wrapped up their closing argument very similarly to the prosecution in the Brad Cooper trial.

It was a really interesting story and at least with this one you know he did it. I definitely think I’ll read some more true crime books in the future.

I give this one 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites