Monday, August 25, 2008

Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella

What has changed in the last 3 years of your life? If you suddenly lost all those years would you recognize yourself or your life? This is what happens to Lexi Smart, Sophie Kinsella’s main character in “Remember Me?” After a car accident she wakes up in a London hospital and thinks it is 2004. During the 3 years she lost, she has transformed into someone she doesn’t even recognize (literally thanks to a crash diet, collagen injections, veneers, and a great stylist). In that time she has been on a reality TV show (why do I keep picking books with references to reality shows?), gotten married, become the boss of her department (not to mention a millionairess), given up carbs, and lost her closest friends. She tries her best to figure out her new life and face all the secrets, schemes, and bombshells that come her way during the process as she figures out why, when, and how she turned into this person she doesn’t even know.

I loved this book! It was full of laugh out loud moments and suspense that kept me up late reading every night. It made me think about how unrecognizable my life would be in her situation. I would have missed so much! Overall it was a great book and I highly recommend it!

I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars

If you don’t already know Sophie Kinsella (real name- Madeleine Wickham, she also publishes under this name), she is the author of the Shopaholic series. Here is a link to her official site:
http://www.randomhouse.com/bantamdell/kinsella/

They are making a movie out of her Shopaholic Series starring Isla Fischer (Wedding Crashers):
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1093908/

AND they are making a movie out of another book of hers “Can You Keep A Secret?” that will star Kate Hudson!
http://www.countingdown.com/movies/3519881

She is a GREAT writer and I predict someone will pick up the rights to this book too! Now who would I want to star? Hmmm…Reese Witherspoon maybe? She’d have to go brunette though. I’ve always like Rachael Bilson…

1 comment:

Brooklyn.shea said...

Definitely a good read. I'm a slow reader and I read this book in a weekend at the beach. I was even reading it on the way home from the beach and it got too dark to read, I only had like 10 pages left and was on the edge of my seat when it got too dark to read anymore...so I got out my cell and used the light to finish the book. It's that good!

I love Sophie Kinsella/Madeline Wickham - she is a fav of mine. I didn't know they were putting out movies about her books...that makes my monday!

 
Add to Technorati Favorites