Sunday, November 28, 2010

Are You There Vodka? Its Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler

I finished this one a while ago, but never got around to blogging about it.  But I love Chelsea Handler.  I think she is hilarious.  I really enjoyed the first book of hers I read- "My Horizontal Life".  I also really enjoyed this one.  It is a collection of short stories that span elementary school to her late twenties.  In this one you get to hear some stories from her childhood and her crazy family.

The book kind of started off slow for me.  It was apparent Chelsea had a vivid imagination from a very young age as evidenced by her "movie star" story in elementary school. 

I loved her Mini-Me story when she got to hang out with a midget all day.  I think her obsession with them is hilarious.

But the best story by far is the last one where she takes her dad, best friend, and best friend's mom on vacation.  It is hilarious.

And I also found out the Chelsea has a thing for penguins just like I do which makes me love her even more.

I will warn you she is crass and disgusting and you could get easily offended reading this book, but for some reason I get her humor and I really enjoyed it.

I give this one 4 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

Sam said...

I LOVE this book! I really want to read her other one. She's hilarious!

 
Add to Technorati Favorites