Monday, November 5, 2012

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

I picked up this book in the airport in Las Vegas back in September because I had already finished the other two books I had brought on my trip and wanted something to read for the flight home.  I was intregued because it was about a good girl and a bad boy who are in love with each other but afraid to admit it to themselves and everyone else at first.

The first half of the book was ok.  It kept my attention for a while.  But then it just got to be rediculous.

Abby the main female character: Seriously I do not get why they guys are all in love with her.  There was nothing special about her and she honestly acted like a stupid, bitchy, self-righteous girl thoughout most of the book.

Travis the main male character: He is C-R-A-Z-Y.  Girls, you are stupid if you want a guy to act like this over you.  I know it seems romantic in stories sometimes, but in real life behavior like this means that person has serious, serious issues and you should stear clear.

I imagine their relationship to probably be like what Chris Brown and Rhianna's relationship would be like in my head.  Very passionate yes, but out of control and way too predicatable and drama (that is mostly created in their own heads) filled.

I was so over this book towards the end I contemplated quitting all together, but I ended up just mainly scanning the last 150 pages or so as the story continued on it's perdictable path.  The ending made me want to vomit.  Teenagers...this is not what love should look like at all.  I would not reccomend this book.

2 out of 5 stars  only because it held my attention for the first half and I was at least able to finish it.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites