Friday, November 9, 2012

Silver Girl by Elin Hilderbrand

I actually really loved this book!  A few months ago I finally got around to reading Nantucket Nights by Elin Hilderbrand.  I loved it!  So someone else recommended Silver Girl to me. I added it to my paperbackswap.com wish list and the first one I was offered was the audio version, so I ended up listening to this one instead of reading it.

The story is about the wife of a man who lead a ponzi scheme.  Think Bernie Madoff.  In fact I think this had to be somewhat based on that because even in the book the husband is in a federal prison in Butner, NC which is where Bernie ended up.

It was so interesting to see the story from the wife's perspective.  How everyone hated her even though she was hurt in the whole thing too and had no idea what was going on.

There are also some side stories that get pretty good too.  I really enjoyed it!

I give this one 4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites