Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer

Oh Stephanie Meyer, how you have captivated my mind with your romantic magical world and your increasingly thick books (768 pages this one!). But it was so worth it. Breaking Dawn was the crowning glory on this series. Just when Eclipse had left me feeling like nothing really got accomplished, this one accomplished everything I was craving and things I never even thought to crave! Amazingly, in the end, it left me wanting even more!

In this book, everything the other books have been building up to happens. Then you get thrown twist after glorious twist. It is about love and family, power and protection, magic and fairy tales. Some chapters will leave you sighing and smiling with warm fuzzies. While other chapters with leave you gasping at things you never saw coming. Most chapters toward the end will run together as you race to find out the outcome. And the end left me happy with the outcome but turning the page hoping to find the start to a brand new story.

At one point in the book I literally had to get up immediately to call my friend Heather and gush about what had just happened. If you read this series you will be both thankful and frustrated by other fans. The ones who have already finished might let some big plot line slip or talk non-stop about how much they loved it which will push you to read at all times just to find out what happens. Those who are behind you in the series will frustrate you because you just want them to hurry up and finish so you can discuss EVERYTHING that happens! Either way you will find yourself talking about this series.

I give this one 5 out of 5 stars! (my first perfect score)

(Email me if you want to discuss because seriously I LOVE talking about all things Twilight, but don’t want to give away too much here!)

P.S. I am SO hoping for a follow-up series!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Have you read Midnight Sun? It is Twilight written from Edward's point of view, but after someone leaked it on the internet, Stephenie Meyer decided to not finish writing it. You can download what she does have written on her website if you haven't read it yet. :-)

 
Add to Technorati Favorites