Monday, July 23, 2012

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

This book has been on my must read list forever.  I had heard about it through the blog world.  It's a series and it is about a dystopian world so it sounded a little Hunger Games-ish and I was hoping to be as hooked by it as I was with that series.

Here is the synopsis from Paperbackswap.com:

There was a time when love was the most important thing in the world. People would go to the end of the earth to find it. They would tell lies for it. Even kill for it. Then, at last, they found the cure. Now, everything is different. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Haloway has always looked forward to the day when she'll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy. But then, with only ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable.



I really identify with this whole idea of love as a disease right now because I am in the midst of fighting off a crush.  It really does make you feel desperate and a little out of control and sometimes I do wish there was a cure for it!!  But to never love or be loved?  That would be really sad.

The book was really good.  It started off a little slow for me, but I got sucked in and definitely want to know what happens in the next one.  It wasn't Huger Games good because I didn't run out to the book store to buy it immediately, but I did put it on my wishlist and can't wait to continue Lena's story.

I give this one 4 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

I loved this book and I love this author! The second one, Pandemonium is pretty good and I also really liked another book by her (separate from this trilogy) called Before I Fall. I have Before I Fall if you want me to send it to you!

 
Add to Technorati Favorites